miércoles, 19 de enero de 2011

If Only I Had Listened...

   
     Many times it has happened to me that I do not listen to others and decide upon doing things my way. Most of the time when I do things my way without listening to the advice that others tried giving to me I end up doing poorly on my task or failing at them. This problem arises specially when there is a project due but the deadline is far away, about one or two months away. The worst case where I almost failed at a project for not listening to the advice of others was when I had to do my Geometry Manual. This Geometry Manual was a project that Mr. Garcia had left us to do last year on our Algebra II Honors Class. The project was to write down a manual of how to do geometry problems from all the chapters that were covered by the geometry classes so that they may have a guideline of how to do problems they might not understand. The project was very big since we had to cover nine out of the thirteen chapters of the book and it was individual work.

    Even though the project was difficult and it looked like it would take a considerable amount of time, I didn't begin to work on it until near the deadline. It was a project left on the beginning of thanks giving and due on the semester test week. I took the assignment without being serious and because of that I began to work on it only one week before its due date.My friends were all advising me to begin earlier, to prepare an outline of my work, or to at least think about how to do it. Of course, their advises fell into deaf ears and I decided to procrastinate until the last possible moment. In the end I had to do all my work in about three days since the deadline was already at hand and I had to stay up all night for three days working from the afternoon until around four in the morning. The manual was good and I received a 98 on it, but it left me incredibly tired and it was a pain to do it. If only I had listened to my friends and began to work at least one week before, I would have had an easier time on my manual.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario