jueves, 20 de enero de 2011

The Plastic Pen


    There was this one time at school when I took a little silly event quite seriously. It was a normal day like any other at school during grammar class. Because we repeatedly ask the teacher to take us outside the class, she agreed with us and took us to the area outside of the school cafeteria. We had some work to do but we were relaxing outside. During the assignment, I lend a pen to a friend and after finishing my work several minutes later, I saw that my friend Jose Esteban had the same exact pen. So then I went over to where Jose was and told him that the pen was mine. To my surprise, Jose told me that pen was his but I was certain that pen was mine for the friend to whom I lend my pen to said he didn't have it anymore.

    Thinking that Jose had picked up my pen from the ground or something like that, I kept on insisting that the pen was mine. For some really stupid reason we began to argue about the ownership of the pen. We began to gradually raise the level of our voices until it became a full-fledged discussion to see whose pen it was. In the end the person whom I had lend my pen to realized he still had the pen in his pocket and gave it to me. At that moment I felt very stupid and as Jose and I looked back at what we were just doing it looked like a bunch of retards who were arguing who would keep a C$3 pen that was half full. This is the time were I took something so dumb as a lost pen way too seriously and led me into an angry discussion.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario